If you don’t have a vacuum sealer, then you don’t know quite what you’re missing out on. A good vacuum sealer is something that anyone who loves cooking and has a large family should have.
You place the food you want to store- whether it be meat, vegetables, fruits, or anything else- in a special bag meant for vacuum sealing.
Then, you place the bag in the vacuum sealer, removing all the air in the bag. Removing the air means that the food won’t be exposed to bacteria that will cause freezer burn and spoilage.
Having a vacuum sealer will save you lots of money in the long run because you will be able to store food for more extended periods while it maintains its taste and nutritional value. In addition, this food will take up less food in your fridge, and vacuum sealers tend to be easy to use.
One vacuum sealer that might be worth considering is the Seal-a-Meal Vacuum Sealer. The main feature of this product that many people appreciated was how inexpensive it is compared to many of its rivals.
In this review, we’ll discuss some of the different things you should look for in a vacuum sealer, an overview of the product, and anything else you should know if you want to purchase the Seal-A-Meal.
Before we go on
with our description of the Seal-A-Meal, here are some things that you should
know about vacuum sealers first.
- Type: There are two significant kinds of vacuum sealers: edge sealers and chamber vacuum sealers. The edge sealers are the simplest to work with. All you do is fill a special bag with food, place the opening in the sealer, and begin. The vacuum works to such out all the air inside the bag, making it a bit impractical if you intend to sealing anything aside from solid food, but you can choose between soft foods and moist foods with some vacuum sealers. These are less expensive, too.
- On the other hand, chamber vacuums are much larger and more costly and work by creating vacuums within the chamber. Since the pressure is equalized, you will be able to seal liquids. They produce a stronger vacuum, and you can even use them to seal mason jars. Just keep in mind that these are heavy, bulky, and much more expensive.
- Questions to ask yourself: You should ask yourself some questions, which will help you make a better decision about what to purchase. For example, you will want to think about the size of the bags you want to use if you wish to use the vacuum seal for marinades, mason jars, canisters, liquids, and more if you want a vacuum sealer that will work well for large projects, and how much you’re willing to pay for the bags (the bags for edge sealers are more expensive).
- Ease of use: Generally, vacuum sealers are effortless to use and won’t require much work. But some are easier to use than others because they offer all of the controls on the device that are clearly labeled. Some of them require you to do some manual work, while others will do all the work for you.
Seal-a-Meal Vacuum Sealer Review
The Seal-a-Meal Vac Sealer helps remove all the air from a bag in which you’ve kept your food. This means that your food will not only not take up as much space in the fridge or freezer, but you also will be able to keep it for a much longer period.
Unlike many rival vacuum sealers, the Seal-a-Meal vac will help preserve the taste and the nutrients in all your food, keeping them fresh for a long time. In addition, as fresh foods are not exposed to the air after you’ve placed them in a vacuum-sealed bag, they won’t be subjected to freezer burn and spoilage.
This device claims to be easy to use, and the Seal-a-Meal instructions are relatively straightforward. All you have to do is press on the lid firmly until the hands-free indicator light turns on.
Then, you will remove your hands from the machine and allow it to seal the bag. You don’t only have to use this device for food storage;
Seal-a-Meal vacuum sealers are perfect for storing liquids, creams, papers, photographs, and more. It works to protect anything you can fit in a bag.
It is compatible with Seal-a-Meal and FoodSaver bags of different sizes. You will get 1-quart vacuum seal bags, a user manual, and a 1-year warranty when you purchase this item.
Compared to some rivals for Seal-a-Meal, this vacuum sealer is relatively inexpensive, only retailing for $49.99 on Amazon.
Here is a video of the vacuum sealer in use.
Pros and Cons
We have compiled a
list of pros and cons according to Seal-a-Meal reviews. Here is what people had
- The vacuum sealer works well if you don’t intend on doing a lot of heavy-duty work with it.
- It works well especially considering the low price tag.
- It’s a great entry-level product that is simple to use.
- You will be able to store it in your home easily.
- It comes with a removable drip tray that you can clean easily.
- It’s best if you intend on mainly sealing solid foods.
- Some people said it stopped working after several months.
- You have to ensure that you’ve removed as much moisture as you can from the food before sealing to get the best seal possible.
- It does not come with accessory options.
As with all products, some people experienced issues with this vacuum sealer. But in all, most people were pleased with the way the Seal-a-Meal vacuum sealer worked, especially considering how inexpensive it is compared to others.
If you are looking for an inexpensive vacuum sealer that you can use for any food you’d like, this might be an excellent option to consider.