What is the IPM?
It is the use of all the necessary resources (Physical, Mechanical, Cultural, Etiological, Chemical, Biological, Legal), through standardized operating procedures, to minimize the dangers caused by the presence of pests. Unlike traditional pest control (reactive system), IPM is a proactive Pest Control system that anticipates the impact of pests on production processes. Call Pest Control Calgary to help you resolve your problem of pest.
Importance of IPM
To guarantee food safety, it is essential to protect them from the incidence of pests through proper management of them. The IPM is a system that allows an important interrelation with other management systems and constitutes a fundamental prerequisite for the implementation of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system.
Within the processing industry, distribution channels and intermediate consumers, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are the first step towards ensuring food safety. A good part of the GMP is based on standardized procedures, among which the IPM stands out.
The application of GMP is essential if you want to ensure food safety. This path continues with the implementation of the HACCP system (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), very important when it comes to achieving healthy and safe food for our customers.
For an adequate Requirements plan, factors such as:
• Routine and scheduled tasks to be carried out to act preventively.
• Selection of products to be used in the different areas of the facilities.
• Safety sheets of the selected products.
• Registration of application of products in the different sectors.
• Flying insect monitoring record.
• Rodent monitoring record.
• Reports with photographs with the measures to be adopted due to the presence of pests.
• Registration of lamps catches insects with UV light.
• Record of rodenticide consumption in bait stations.
• Training plan for the personnel involved in the establishment.
• Frequency of visits.
• Trained personnel assigned to perform tasks.
Eliminate cockroaches by spraying or pest control is a task for professionals
Its body is oval and flattened. The small head is usually protected by a shield-shaped pronotum. Their antennae are filiform, their compound eyes are small, their legs are long, flattened and spiny, and their mouthparts are chewing. It has two pairs of wings, of which the wings of the hind pair that are large and membranous are covered and protected by the forewings that are smaller and sclerotized. They have a pair of lateral rims at the end of the abdomen.
Cockroaches are generally omnivorous and leave chemical traces in their droppings. Other cockroaches follow these trails to discover sources of food and water, and also to discover where they are hidden. Due to moving through sewers, streets and unhealthy places, they carry bacteria and microorganisms on their body and legs that can cause illness. According to studies, cockroaches have been identified as one of the major causes of asthma in children.
Specifically, by the allergens that these cockroaches produce.
The most common varieties are:
• BLATELLA GERMANICA – (Dictyoptera Blattidae) -Blonde or German cockroach.
• AMERICAN PERIPLANET – (Dictyoptera Blattidae) – American Cockroach.
• BLATELLA ORIENTALIS (Dictyoptera Blattidae) .- Black Cockroach.
Management requires persistence and experience. Understanding the biology and behavior is essential for the professional treatment and control of this pest. For its control to be effective, it must be linked to good environmental practices, sanitation of the environment, cultural control and professional monitoring. (Apply the rule of the three A’s, Elimination of Water, Food and Accommodation)